Thursday, November 17, 2011

Never Alone in Ghana

"Are those red ants all over my toilet seat?" thought Sydnee.
"Why, yes, yes those are red ants all over your toilet seat, Sydnee." replied Sydnee's thoughts.
"Oh well, I've got to go wee-wee!" said Sydnee
I noticed this morning while laying in my bed, as I was watching all of the weird creatures above my head, that I am never alone here in Ghana. No matter what, there is always some sort of odd being in my space. I also realized that it doesn't really phase me anymore. It's okay that there is a small bug on my dinner plate because at least I get to have dinner. It's okay that some quick little slithery thing just touched me while I was sleeping because at least I get to have a bed to sleep in. It's okay that I sometimes share my showers with either a dead bug or a gecko staring at me from the corner because at least I get to shower. Sometimes if I am lucky, not only do I have the dead bug in with me but I get to have another bug feeding off of the dead one!!! The more the merrier, right!?
There are gecko's everywhere! Big, small and enormous! I have a hard time snappin photos of the big ones because they only seem to come out on the higher surfaces.
You probably can't see all of the little gecko's in this photo but believe me, there are a ton!
You can't really see this fat guy sticking his sickening head out of the pipe towards the top of the picture but I could feel his eyes watching my every step!
He is actually sort of pretty.
Anyway, momma, don't worry, I'm not alone here.
I have A LOT of new friends to play with if I want.

3 comments:

  1. Andy and Mitch would be in heaven with all the lizards. On the plus side they probably eat a lot of the bugs you don't see:) Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Funny you should say that, Erin, because every single time I see one I think of Mitch and Andrew and how they taught me to throw a shirt on a lizard to catch it.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eli and Gracie want you to bring them back a Gecko!

    ReplyDelete